Monday, December 28, 2009

Hope for Education

I got an email today from my child's teacher. It's Christmas break, you know? Most teachers are thankful for the break from school, and are relaxing at home with their families. Not this teacher. She is out rallying her parents to take part in an amazing promotion with www.myteachermyhero.com & MAT@USC. How could I say no? This is for my child. My friend's children. The children.. dare I say... of the future?

I have no choice but to be hopeful for the future of American education when there are teachers like this. They care so much about the kind of education they are providing for students like my daughter. They will stop at nothing to provide the best education possible, and to make sure that everyone surrounding them do the same. How inspiring... how hopeful! Thank God for teachers like these!

This post is part of the MAT@USC Hope for the holidays event. Did you experience or witness something in 2009 that gave you hope for the future of American education? If so, please see this post for more information on how to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment